I already had an excuse if signing up didn't work, "I tore my tissues." but they unfriend me quite quickly. Just after 2 days of rest, here I was in the sports ground of the school with "athletes", yes "athletes" because I wasn't the one.
And as expected, nobody gave a damn about me being there, and why would they. As usual, I practiced my sprint, and again as expected my performance was on the downslide, expected because I was chilling for two days.
What bothered me all the time during pre-recess that will Mr. Gill ever care? Will he ever treat me like he treats other guys there, how these people are able to get his attention. All I know was it's not worth coming early to school and treated like a nobody.
During the recess, my not so hungry but still eating vibes gave Rishabh a tab.
"What dude? Either eat or don't"
"I am eating" I said while trying to cover up
"What's bothering you? Am sure there's something"
"Mr. Gill will never give me attention"
"I know, and why would he?"
"Because I am part of the athletics team now"
"Dude! every third guy is, do you think he is going to give attention to everyone"
"Then why does he give attention to a few one"
"They have potential, Mr.Gill might have a big belly but has a sharp mind too, throughout all these years he is able to get trophies and medals in state-level competition because he picks up the finest from the lot. Somebody on whom he doesn't have to work much, just a little bit here & there, and zoom, here's a medal"
"Hmm! Interesting, so how do I show him that I am capable of winning him trophies"
"I love the way you went from being emotional to practical, there's a practice race every 1st Sunday of the month and Mr. Gill takes it seriously."
"Every first Sunday! that's like 2 weeks away"
"Yes, so you better get off your emotional roller coaster and get going"
Somewhere the path was drawn, it took me a little time to understand that a lot many cute & short have to be won before the final show and well, I need to enjoy it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment