Saturday, 16 May 2020

The Books And Spikes - Part-2 - The First Bump


Because continuity is important! Click here if you have not read the part-1!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





I have been training well without a fail for about 20 days and the thought that my parents are expecting haunts me slightly just before sleeping. Nights are crazy, trust me on that. I don’t know about others but I tend to become honest, bold, and raw, right after midnight and due to this, I avoid mid-night chats and long conversations. “Good things take time,” whosoever said this didn’t complete it. He didn’t mention the hurdles you will meet, things will never go smooth. The first hurdle which I bumped into was a muscle pull or in words of my doctor, tearing of my tissues. I was limping for almost the entire day, it was that bad. Nothing happened for first 20 days and when I started to feel confident about the decision I took, this happened. Maybe the beginner's luck worked for me just like it works for any immature gambler. In school, nobody was aware of my secret mission except for my childhood friend and my bench partner, Rishabh. Rishabh was someone who was a jack of few and master of none. One thing which keeps him going was his ability to fit in any situation and to jell up even with a socially introvert person. I believe this superpower of his will help him achieve a lot, if a person like me can share anything with him, just imagine how comfortable it was to be around him. I told him about how uneasily I am walking today. “Yeah! I saw” he said while digging out something from his bag. “I just wish, this will go away quickly” “It will for sure but that’s not the problem!” “Alright Wiseman! Then please enlighten me” “You are training yourself without a trainer. These bumps will hamper your efficiency.” “What you mean?” “You are investing a hundred and getting back one twenty, with a trainer it will be one fifty.” “Trainer? I can’t afford a trainer and I can’t ask my parents. The spikes sometimes feel more like a liability than an asset.” “Sports teacher dude, sports teacher” “You think someone who has a belly like six months pregnant lady, can help me?” “He has trained some of finest athletes of our school, that’s what you should see." “Why he has a belly, tell me that?” “You better ask him, all I know is that he knows how to train. He has knowledge with experience and that’s what you need right now. Everyone has something which we can take out from them, negative or positive, you choose.” Though I didn’t like losing this discussion but Rishabh was actually right. I nodded my head and he understood that I have agreed with him. Also, I will take some action too. Getting a tag of a school athlete was easy, get yourself registered and show up the next morning. Nobody will care if you won’t, you are responsible for yourself and if you want some help, Mr. Gill, who has a belly, is there for you. During recess, I went to sports department and started with the registration. “Rishabh, I just hope this will work.” I thought just before signing up the registration form.I came back to the class and he was there with a grin on his. “Listen you Bastard, if this step slapped my face, I am going to break you into two.” “And if this worked, you will treat this bastard.” “Yeah, but there’s something else too.” “Now what?” “There will be better athletes than me on the ground. I will feel so little around them.” “That’s so sweet of you to already call them better than you,” he said in a sarcastic tone. “But they actually are!” “You know this, I know this, but they don’t and you better don’t show this too. Treat them like a competition.” I have always noticed it but never acknowledged that Rishabh was way more confident than the imaginary confident myself. I already feel like a professional athlete with a trainer with his side. I just hope that Mr. Gill won’t slow me down. I don’t expect him to add a lot, just don’t make me regret signing up for it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Learning For The Writer? Please Do Tell Him, Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why We Are Chasing A By-Product

We chase money, don’t we?  Till the last of this piece, I am going to be against it.  There’s nothing wrong with admitting it that w...